Acne & Acne Scarring
Acne is a common skin condition that commonly appears in adolescence. It should be treated early to avoid the development of potentially long-term scarring.
Acne is a very common condition that can have a profound negative affect on an individual’s confidence and self-perception. Acne usually starts in adolescence and generally persists into your early twenties.
Acne most commonly appears on the face or back and shoulders, and is caused by comedones and pus filled spots.
Acne symptoms can vary between individuals, and so there are multiple different types of acne.
- Painful pus filled cysts which can lead to scarring.
- Dark bumps on the surface of the skin, known as blackheads.
- White bumps covered by skin, known as whiteheads.
- Highly inflamed yellow or white bumps known as pustules.
Left untreated acne can worsen and even result in deep long-term scarring.
In almost all cases you can expect to begin treatment with a deep cleansing. This involves manual extraction of the comedones and pus filled spots to prepare your skin for the next step.
Any following treatments performed will be subject to your skin and needs, as we believe the best results with acne come through truly bespoke treatment plans.
Some of the results you can expect are:
- Drastically reduced acne
- Healthier, smoother, and more radiant looking skin
- A significant boost in confidence
- Reduction in acne scarring even before specialised scarring treatment
- Better feeling skin as you say goodbye to inflamed and painful spots
You may begin to see results with the initial deep cleansing, and the condition improves as you progress through your treatment plan.
We recommend a course of treatments for optimal results.